Last time I told you about “one of my sites being hacked”….
In that article I also told you how I was able to make this “iframe hack” disappear.
But how to make sure this is not going to happen (again)…??
(pls note; your back up is the most important one – as these security tips are not 100% proof !)
1. I got the WP Secury Scan plugin – this plugin is testing your security and gives several tips about “changing stuff”…. the most important ones;
- latest WordPress installation
- change the table prefix – should not be wp_
- hide your WordPress version
- no user “admin”
2. check their tips on how to change your user name and prefix – overhere
The website about WP Security Scan;
Scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions.
-WordPress admin protection/security
Download; WP Secury Scan
Series of OnMyWordPress;
- ThemeHybrid (theme)
- Admin Favicon (plugin)
- AdSense Manager (plugin)
- Akismet (plugin)
- Future Posts Calendar (plugin)
- WordPress hacked via iframe (tip)
- WordPress Security Scan (tip+plugin)