There are lots of little programs, which are “Twitter related”…..
I have been discussing a couple of them;
TweetMeme - a WordPress plugin – which makes it easy to visitors to re-tweet your post.
TwittyTunes - a Firefox add on to make a Twitter message containing “the music you are playing on your computer”
In the OnMyIphone series; I am using Twitterific !
Twitterific is a free app; in which you can see the Tweets of the people you are following……. it has a real good filter…
A nice working timeline for following all the tweets (public timeline) – a search on the @yourname – see the trends.
Lots of settings to change the visuals – to use several screen names – themes for the main screen – with or without icon…..
I would say; a “must have” (to the Twittering iPhoner……)!
UPDATE; today – Twitterific also announced the update version => after the break you will see a list with of new features.
* Optimized for iPhone 3GS.
* Added a copy menu for selected tweet (tap and hold to see menu.)
* Added a menu for links in tweet. Tap and hold the link and the menu appears with the URL for the shortened link at the top. It also allows you to open the link in Safari or copy it to the clipboard.
* Tweets can now be selected and translated to your language with the action bar.
* Added a copy menu for the image in the photo viewer (tap and hold to see the menu.)
* Added in-app email support.
* New “Load More…” button to retrieve older tweets in the timeline.
* Added support for recording, posting and playing back video (using yfrog.) (- users need to activate video setting in yfrog)
* Added a photo viewer for images on yfrog, Twitpic, and Twitgoo.
* Added support for GIF and TIFF images in photo viewer.
* Tap on the avatar in the author info view to view the avatar full size.
* Added following and followers buttons to author view.
* Changed links in author view to open in the same author view (by sliding horizontally.)
* Author view layout changes.
* Added new graphics.
* Updated author view to use new relationship API: the status information at the bottom now shows if the person follows you or not.
* Added account picker to the main toolbar and the posting toolbar. (Searches aren’t currently implemented.)
* Changed how account picker works: does not go away after you select a user from timeline toolbar.
* Improved the wording for the “launch in sources” setting.
* Improved battery life by changing how location updates.
* Added “Reply” and “Retweet” to tap shortcuts.
* Added password support for Instapaper (and started using “auto title” feature.)
* Added a title parameter when saving a bookmark.
* Default setting for bookmarks (delicious.com) now opens in built-in browser.
* YouTube videos now open with the built-in browser.
* Added landscape support for built-in web browser.
* Updates for Twitpocalypse II — 64-bit integers are used internally for tweet IDs (which will overflow 32-bits in November 2009.)